Connect your device to the largest IoT network in Australia with M2M One.
NB-IoT plans from M2M One utilize Cellular Low Power Wide Area Networking (LPWAN) and are designed specifically to support IoT deployments looking for massive national scale.
What is NB-IoT?
NB-IoT is a low-power, wide-area cellular network (LPWAN) technology which uses 200KHz of bandwidth to transfer data. Generally, the maximum upload data transfer rate is around 62.5kb per second. The slightly slower data transfer rate is offset by lower power consumption and device affordability.
Despite offering excellent stationary range and penetration, it is important to note that the NB-IoT network does not support cell tower handover. This means that if devices move out of frequency range, the signal connection will fail.
Should I Be Using NB-IoT For My Deployments?
NB-IoT is designed for simple devices which infrequently send data, and require a longer battery life.
If you have widely-deployed devices in the field (such as gas, electricity or water meters, environmental sensors, or building automation) that do not need to send frequent updates, this may be a suitable technology for your requirements.
Image courtesy of Sierra Wireless
Speak to one of our team about whether NB-IoT is right for your deployment, or further advise on other LPWAN technologies, such as Cat M1.
Why choose an NB-IoT service from M2M One?
NB-IoT provides extended coverage and greater in-building and basement penetration for traditionally difficult locations.
Lower Power Consumption
NB-IoT supports low powered operating modes and single polling to drastically increase device battery life.
Low Operating Costs
With competitive data plans and reduced messaging frequency NB-IoT becomes a cost effective communication method for IoT.
Our management platform and team of experienced support staff proactively help you to optimize costs as your business grows.
NB-IoT Terms and Conditions
- All customers need to be qualified by M2M One staff before getting access to NB-IoT services.
- Customers must have a standard account with M2M One before applying for NB-IoT services (Create account here: Get Connected).
- NB-IoT services are controlled by a separate CISCO Jasper M2M Control Centre and are not able to be migrated to your existing Control Centre account or SIM Cards.
- Voice & SMS are not available on NB-IoT Services.
- NB-IoT services are sold as ‘Tokens’ – Each Token represents a pre-set amount of data per SIM per month:
- Bronze – 85KB
- Silver – 256KB
- Gold – 427KB
- NB-IoT Tokens are sold in ‘Packs’ with 100 Tokens being the minimum.
- NB-IoT Tokens will be consumed under 3 conditions:
- Activation – When a SIM Card is changed to Activated State
- Renewal – Any SIM Cards that are Active at the start of a new billing month will use a token to cover the new month.
- Top-Up – usage above your pooled allowance will automatically consume NB-IoT Tokens to cover excess data used
- NB-IoT Tokens do not pro-rate and all associated data expires at 23:59 at the end of each calendar month.
- Moving up or down Token class (Bronze/Silver/Gold) will take effect from the first day of the following calendar month.
- If your available Token Balance is less than your current number of active services on the first day of the calendar month then you will automatically be invoiced for the lowest applicable Token Pack to cover all of your active services for the month.
- NB-IoT Tokens of the same level only allow pooling/aggregation (e.g. Bronze can not pool with Silver or Gold).
- Token Packs shall expire after 24 months.
Need some help?
Feel free to contact M2M One any time for help.