Connect your device to the largest IoT network in Australia with M2M One.
NB-IoT plans from M2M One utilize Cellular Low Power Wide Area Networking (LPWAN) and are designed specifically to support IoT deployments looking for massive national scale.
What is NB-IoT?
NB-IoT is a low-power, wide-area cellular network (LPWAN) technology which uses 200kHZ of bandwidth to transfer data. Generally, the maximum upload data transfer rate is around 62.5kb per second. The slightly slower data transfer rate is offset by lower power consumption and device affordability.
Despite offering excellent stationary range and penetration, it is important to note that the NB-IoT network does not support cell tower handover. This means that if devices move out of frequency range, the signal connection will fail.
Should I Be Using NB-IoT For My Deployments?
NB-IoT is designed for simple devices which infrequently send data, and require a longer battery life.
If you have widely-deployed devices in the field (such as gas, electricity or water meters, environmental sensors, or building automation) that do not need to send frequent updates, this may be a suitable technology for your requirements.
Image courtesy of Sierra Wireless
Speak to one of our team about whether NB-IoT is right for your deployment, or further advise on other LPWAN technologies, such as Cat M1.
Why choose an NB-IoT service from M2M One?
NB-IoT provides extended coverage and greater in-building and basement penetration for traditionally difficult locations.
Lower Power Consumption
NB-IoT supports low powered operating modes and single polling to drastically increase device battery life
Low Operating Costs
With competitive data plans and reduced messaging frequency NB-IoT becomes a cost effective communication method for IoT
NB-IoT networks are purpose built to support massive numbers of connected devices making it the best option for scalability
NB-IoT Terms and Conditions
- All customers need to be qualified by M2M One staff before getting access to NB-IoT services
- Customers must have a standard account with M2M One before applying for NB-IoT services (Created here: Get Connected)
- NB-IoT services are be controlled by a separate CISCO Jasper M2M Control Centre and are not able to be migrated to your existing Control Centre account or SIM Cards.
- Accounts with a monthly spend of under $250 AUD will be subject to a $5 processing fee.
- NB-IoT Data Plans can not be changed mid-month
- NB-IoT Data Plans allow pooling/aggregation
- Excess usage above your pooled allowance will be charged at the specified rate per BYTE
Need some help?
Feel free to contact M2M One any time for help.