Welcome to M2M One’s June Newsletter – M2M One were proud to once again participate in the Victorian Government’s trade mission to Singapore. Our goal on this mission was twofold – to help businesses outside of Australia get quick, simple access to local Australian SIMs and connectivity without any commercial restrictions or limitations, and to launch our new M2M One Global SIM (Read more about our global SIM here)
This month we invite to join us at Security 2016, highlight the M2M Control Centre API, highlight our participation in the recent CommunicAsia Expo, introduce you to our partners in M2M One NZ and as always, we remind customers that Telstra will be shutting down their 2G network on 1st of December 2016.
This month’s newsletter features:
- Trade Event – Security 2016
- M2M Control Centre – API Integration
- Highlights – CommunicAsia 2016 Photo Gallery
- Partner Spotlight – M2M One New Zealand
- Customer Reminder – Telstra 2G (GSM) 900MHz Shutdown
1. Trade Event – Security 2016
We are looking forward to exhibiting again at the annual ASIAL Security exhibition in Melbourne later this month,the show runs from the 20th – 22nd July at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
M2M One Services are used in a number of Security applications including:
- IP Alarm Panels & Dialers
- Wireless IP Cameras
- Access Control & Authorisation Systems
- Failover & Redundancy
- Lone Worker Safety
- Vehicle & Asset management & tracking
2. M2M Control Centre – API Integration
The M2M Control Center provides an application programming interface (API) that allows you to access and edit data in Control Center from an external application. Using the API you can perform many of the same tasks you can handle through Control Center’s web interface, including:
- Managing your devices
- Monitoring data, SMS, and voice usage
- Sending messages to a device
- Updating custom fields and terminal information
3. Highlights – CommunicAsia 2016 Photo Gallery
4. Partner Spotlight – M2M One NZ
Need access to local dedicated SIMs in New Zealand?
- Dedicated access to the SPARK NZ mobile network
- Flexible data plans from low to high usage applications
- SMS & Voice plans
- Private networking for dedicated service
5. Reminder – Telstra 2G 900MHz Shutdown
M2M One would like to continue to remind customers that Telstra will discontinue their 2G/GSM 900MHz network on the 1st of December 2016. This will impact all M2M One customers utilising 2G/GSM only hardware in Australia.
You can view our official notification here
M2M One customers with 2G devices have the opportunity to utilise 3G and soon, 4G LTE. All M2M One SIM cards are compatible with the Telstra 2G, 3G (and soon) 4G network, so you will not need to physically change any SIM cards from M2M One.
M2M One customers affected by the shut down of Telstra’s 2G/GSM network who are looking for solutions/alternatives for their 2G/GSM devices are advised to contact a 3G/4G LTE device vendor.
Please read M2M One’s notification of the shutdown if you haven’t already.
You can also read our blog on the Australian 2G Shutdown