M2M One Newsletter – August 2017
This month M2M One are taking a breather from our hectic schedules to celebrate a significant business milestone and offer our thanks to you, our valued customers for helping us get there!
We’re also looking at Telstra’s launch of the Cat-M1 network earlier this month and what it means for your M2M/IoT devices, invite you to join us at our next trade event All Energy Australia 2017 in October and give you some hints on managing SMS with your M2M One SIMs.
General Manager | M2M One
- M2M One reaches 100,000 active connections in Australia!
Earlier this month M2M One reached a major company milestone in securing 100,000 active SIM connections across Australia! This marks a huge step forward from activating our first SIM card with Telstra in November 2010.
The team at M2M One want to extend our warmest thanks to all of the customers who have chosen M2M One as their preferred supplier of SIM cards over the last 6 years – whether you have 1 SIM or 10,000 with us, please know that we truly value your business and thank you for continuing to work with us.
If there is ever anything we can do to help you improve or grow you M2M/IoT business please reach out to our team and we’ll be happy to assist.
- Telstra Launch Cat-M1 Network Australia Wide
On 1/08/2017 Telstra announced that their 4G Network now covers 99% of the Australian population and that they have officially enabled Cat-M1 capability across the 4G footprint.
So what exactly is Cat-M1?
Cat-M1 is an LTE standard designed specifically for IoT/M2M that allows compatible modules to operate on a reduced spectrum with reduced speed to theoretically improve battery life, coverage and penetration.
Can I use Cat-M1 now?
Yes – As of 1st of August Telstra’s entire 4G network is enabled for Cat-M1 transition and your M2M One SIM cards will work with no additional changes! All you need is a compatible module or modem, if you need help sourcing a product feel free to contact M2M One and we can introduce you to some of our partners.
All Energy Australia 2017 – Melbourne, 11-12 October 2017
M2M One are excited to be a first time exhibitor at one of Australia’s premier Clean Energy & Waste Management events in it’s return to Melbourne in October. We’ll be exhibiting our range of SIM Cards and Data Plans as well as talking about how customers in the energy, utility and waste industry are using our services to power their IoT & M2M solutions.
You can find M2M One at Stand 1016 – View our exhibitor profile
Held in partnership with the Clean Energy Council, the 2017 program will showcase expert opinions from more than 120 speakers and feature more than 120 domestic and international exhibitors.
This month we look at various ways to utilize SMS with your M2M One SIM Cards.
As standard all M2M One SIMs come with additional features like SMS, Voice & Roaming barred but you can have these activated and added at any time – For full information on pricing click here
When you have SMS enabled on your SIM cards there are a few features you can benefit from in the M2M Control Centre:
- SMS Live – In the control centre you can click on any ICCID to access additional information and features, from here navigate to the bottom and click the SMS tab.
The first option here is SMS Live, this allows you to send SMS messages from the control centre at no additional cost to your devices in the field. Many of our customers use this as a low cost way to remotely configure devices in the field by sending AT Commands via SMS – SMS Live is also available through the API
- Message History – The second tab in SMS labelled Message History lets you view in real-time any SMS messages sent or received from that particular SIM. While you can’t see the content of the message you can see date, time, sent from and sent to information to help you diagnose any issues you may be having related to SMS on your device.
- SMS Monitoring and Alarms – M2M One can set alerts and automation rules on services on your behalf to notify and event suspend SIM cards on high SMS usage within a month or 24 hour period. To set this up either contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact your M2M One account manager