M2M One Newsletter – February 2017
Welcome to M2M One’s February 2017 Newsletter!
We’re already 2 months in to 2017 and the M2M & IoT world is as exciting as ever, with carriers and module manufactures expected to announce plans for LTE, NB-IoT & 5G services at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week.
In this month’s newsletter we talk about some pricing changes coming to our M2M One Global SIM cards, email alerts to give you more visibility over your Group Data Plans, manging customer allocations in the M2M Control Centre and finally a special offer from our friends across the water at M2M One NZ.
- M2M One Global SIM Price Review
Last year we launched our first Global Roaming SIM card for use in multiple markets across the world, allowing M2M One to support Australian customers who are deploying units internationally.
We’ve been working with our underlying carrier partner on coverage and rates and we’re pleased to announce that we have new pricing available for our global SIMs including tiered pricing similar to our domestic Australian plans.
We’ll be officially launching our new pricing structure in March but you can get a custom quote today by contacting your M2M One account manager – For more information about our Global SIM visit: https://www.m2mone.com.au/global/
- Group Data Plan Management
While M2M One do offer individual CAP data plans we strongly recommend all customers utilize the power of Group Data – This allows you to share the data allowance of each SIM card on the same plan across your entire fleet (e.g 100x 5MB SIMs = 500MB)
While M2M One are still waiting for native group plan monitoring within Control Centre we have built a daily pooled usage digest that can give you an overview of how much of your pool you are currently utilizing. If you would like to subscribe to this daily digest please contact your M2M One Account Manager.
M2M One will be sharing stand 148 with our friends at M2M Connectivity where we’ll be showcasing our range of SIMs and Data Plans for connected devices.
If you’re interested in joining us at Connect you can download your free visitor pass to the expo from here: http://connectexpo.com.au/pdf/CONNECT-2017_Visitor_Ticket.pdf
Each month we bring you tips and tricks for getting the most value out of the M2M Control Centre.
This month we look at updating the End Customer field in the M2M Control Centre – This allows you to keep customer information that can be searched and filtered against each SIM card in your account.
Updating the End Customer field can be done in 2 ways:
- Manually – You can update this information individually by going into the Service Listing in control centre and clicking on an individual ICCID number. This will bring up the Additional Information section – From here click the End Consumer tab. Any information you enter in here will be saved against the SIM card, however only information entered against End Customer will display in the Service Listing.
- Bulk update – Control Centre allows you to bulk update information by uploading a formatted Excel spreadsheet. To perform a bulk upload, create a spreadsheet in Excel with two columns, the first should read ICCID (this column should contain your SIM numbers) the second column should read End Consumer ID (under this column you can input your customer name data). Once you’ve prepared your spreadsheet navigate to the Service Listing and click the Batch Update tab from there follow the prompts to upload your custom data.
Contact your M2M One account manager
Looking for local connectivity in New Zealand? Try an M2M Starter Kit from M2M One NZ
The M2M One NZ Starter Kit Contains:
- 1 x M2M SIM Card with 3 months of pre-paid data (50MB p/m)
- Access to the award winning CISCO Jasper M2M Control Centre
- Dedicated support from M2M One NZ’s team of M2M/IoT experts